Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Training TMI?

Okay. So I think I'll be a little bit more motivated if I post my triathlon training on my blog. But I realize that lots of you frankly don't care how much I exercise or weigh. I toyed with the idea of starting another blog, but that is a lot of work that I don't want to do. Plus, then I would feel like I had to write in both of them every day. Then I would feel slack if I didn't. Therefore, I'm going to post about my training and you all can just suck it up :) No, really. Feel free to skip all my training posts...they are really just to guilt myself into doing something every day.

Day 1:
35 minutes walk/run on the treadmill. I was aiming for a full 5k, but ended up chatting on the phone with Tiff for the first 10 minutes, so I really didn't exert all that much energy. Then I waivered between 4.5-6.0 mph for the rest of the time. I ended up going a little more than 2 miles. Eh. I will do better tomorrow. I'm just happy that I got on.

*On another note, while I was on, I was watching The Secret Lives of Women. Has anyone ever seen any of those? This one was on child brides. Hello! These girls were married at 13, 14, 15 years old, having babies! OMG. I could barely do my own laundry then! Or feed myself! Or make it to babysitting jobs on time!! I saw another one about Suburban Moms and all their secrets. Sometimes it's comforting to know that other people screw up worse than I do...

More exercise:
20 minutes of swimming at the gym (500yds). Angelle and I got the kids packed up and out a little early today since I don't have Will this week. The swimming part of the triathlon is 500yds, so that is 10 full laps at the gym. I have to admit to several breaks in between the laps, and I probably swam freestyle only 1/2 the time (at best) with lots of breast stroke and side stroke. I have to figure out a way to not hyperventilate on freestyle. I pretty much suck at that. I feel like I'm doing it right, but I just can't get the breathing to work right. I get winded so quickly. It's not that my body is tired, it's just that I'm going to turn blue and pass out in the middle of the pool that worries me. I asked Angelle if I looked goofy when I was swimming, but she said it looked like I was doing it right, so I trust her.

Must work on this.

That is all for today. If I feel extra spunky, I may drag out the Wii Fit tonight and challenge Bryan to a yoga-off after the boys go to bed. We'll see.

Oh...and since I'm starting training today, I will make Wednesdays my official weigh in day.
Week 1: 129.5lbs
(And just so everyone doesn't hammer me...I'm not in it to lose weight necessarily. I'd like to just tone up and not be such a wuss about cardio!)

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I toyed with 2 blogs too, but ended with the same conclusion. I don't blog enough as is, so this at least gives me something to blog about!