Friday, October 3, 2008

Packing

Today I'm trying my best to finish packing for our road trip to upstate NY. It will be the boys and Gaga and I (Bryan has to work) in the car for approximately forever.

We're leaving after the Buddy Walk tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers for two very tired boys...not overtired so they scream and whine the entire time, but exhausted enough to drop into a deep sleep for the whole trip. Stop laughing. I can fantasize if I want to.

Packing for a road trip is near impossible. And although I love the van, it offers more space than the SUV did, which is nice, but also not. Because it means that I can pack more stuff. And that's more stuff to unpack later. Is it bad that I'm already anticipating the aftermath...?

But I am looking forward to the actual visiting part of the trip. We'll be staying with my grandparents (that's Big GG and Little GG to Ian and Chase), and visiting with aunts and uncles and cousins. I'm excited about the NY apples, the corn field in the back of their house, the fresh cider, the crisp weather, the mmm-yummy meals my Grandma makes, her homemade bread, sitting around the table at dinner, hearing my grandfather crack up at Ian and Chase's antics, learning new kids' songs with my music teacher Aunt Susie. I'm excited for the GG's to meet Chasey again- he was 6 weeks old last time they saw him...still in the jelly bean stage. He is so different now, I just can't wait for him to show off for them. And Eenie has been talking about the trip,"We're going to see my GG's and have a sleepover for a lot of nights because they LOVE me and MISS me SO MUCH!"

It will be fun.

I will try to be really good about this 31 for 21 thing...but I may miss a day here or there. I promise to have 31 by the end of the month :)

4 comments:

datri said...

Have a great time! I'm hoping to go apple picking after our Buddy Walk. If you're near Orange County, NY, our Buddy Walk is Sunday. :)

Becky said...

I'm so excited for the apples and cider too...just asked Mom yesterday to bring them down with her next week! Ed was laughing since I had specific types of apple requests. Have a great trip and say hi to everyone!

Katie said...

Hi Laurie! It's Katie Larsen... I'm so glad you're blogging about your boys- I love reading about all the fun things your family is doing these days! Have a great weekend!

Chris said...

Hope you have a great trip.

I'm from NY--and fall is one of the best seasons to be in NY--the apples, the corn, the pumpkins. Where in NY did you go?

The aftermath of the trip is the worst. We just got back from a weekend away, and I told DH not to even unpack the whole car last night. I just wasn't ready to handle all of the bags in the house--not with speech therapist coming this morning.