Saturday, October 11, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Well, we did it! We made it all the way to upstate NY in one (ONE!) long drive. We left Saturday around 7pm and got to the GG's house by 11am. We had one stop for breakfast, and the other stops were just quick gas/potty/snack deals. I drove all the way, with one little jog that my mom did, but I can't stand being the passenger, so I took back over. There was lots of coffee involved.

The boys both did AWESOME. I couldn't have asked for better traveling partners. Gaga helped so much, and we made it without any catastrophes.

I'll post more about the trip in other entries- I have lots of pictures to share. It was lots of fun :)

But we made it home this morning at 8am, after 14 hours of straight driving. Again, awesome little passengers. And lots of coffee. And a gallon or so of Diet Pepsi.

Papa met us at the house when we got here, and he earned lots of extra brownie points by watching the boys while Gaga and I took naps. We got to hang out after that, have an early dinner, and now both boys are conked out and I have a million things to do, but I will sit here in my LazyBoy and blog about our trip and our Buddy Walk and catch up on Project Runway and ANTM.

2 comments:

Cate said...

Welcome home! Sounds like a long haul.

Anonymous said...

New "Survivor" show on TV: marathon car trip with 2 preschoolers. Include 5 days with greatgrandparents in a double wide, throw in a virulent GI ailment, and be back in time for work on Monday.