Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Training Day 7

I swam with Angelle this evening...made it to the gym a little late because Chase had a weird napping afternoon.

We did 12 laps (50yds each), so we did 600 total yds. It took 24 minutes, with several short breaks, but I was concentrating less on timing and more on getting the stroke right. I've been reading some articles about improving my freestyle stroke, so I was trying to practice it the right way. I did freestyle more than 1/2 the time, and got several laps in freestyle there and back without a break. Yay! It's not perfect yet, nor is it pretty, but it's deinfintely improving.

I definitely noticed that it's my left side that I have issues with breathing on. It's like it just doesn't know quite what to do. I try to roll to breathe, but I end up either inhaling water or picking my head up out of the water. I think I discovered a way to not look like a fool and it works pretty well, but when I get fatigued, it's really hard to hold onto the good form.

Oh, well. One more day down :) Off to clean the house before Bryan gets home.

4 comments:

Angelle said...

So glad we had all those swim class kids, swim team kids, AND their teachers there to watch us and laugh at us in their heads.

Mandi said...

YAY! I have to figure out how to swim correctly also. will you send me the links that you read? I lift my head every time i breath, or i get a bunch of water in my ear...

Kim A said...

Great Job, Laurie. I am so proud of you and Angelle. You are so dedicated to a healthy lifestyle. I wish I could stay motivated the way you guys have.

carydip said...

Form, shmorm. I can't do the left side either, so I only breathe on the right side. Works great! and I can go faster not flipping back and forth. Love~Mom (PS-when I used to swim ;)