Wish I had some pics to post...but I left the photo-taking to the professionals. See my tagged photos on FB :)
- Krystal burgers
- A sail around the lake on The Ledbetter...a giant sailboat that is probably some kind of special, but I don't know anything about it.
- A bridal luncheon at a GORGEOUS home on the lake. Everything was white wainscoting, with 3 floors, a mother-in-law's suite, and three (yes, THREE!) full kitchens.
- Fun photo shoot with the photographer at the Culver Military Academy. The buildings and grounds were so picturesque...as were the hundreds of pretty adorable children in little summer uniforms. I cannot wait to see the photos of the entire wedding party standing on these little sailboats at the dock. Equally awesome were the pictures of us in the Bentley that we flagged down and borrowed.
- The ceremony took place on a farm, next to a corn field, in the evening. Beautiful.
- I sang a duet for Becky and Ed's first dance. I practiced with my partner 3 hours before the ceremony for the first time. (Lucky- Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat) It wasn't perfect, but I believe that I didn't completely embarrass myself :) No- it is not recorded. Which is probably a good thing.
- Food served included a mashed potato bar and an ice cream sundae bar.
- I got to wear flip flops the whole time as a bridesmaid. Love it.
- Photobooth at the reception- awesomeness.
It was such an awesome time. I love that I made it to share Becky's day...also that Ian and I had time to spend together. I hate that it was possible to go because Danil's adoption is on hold. Ah, well. We enjoy the blessings as they come.