Tuesday, June 21, 2011


My blog posts are few and far between lately, huh?

We're in limbo right now, waiting to see if we'll get an SDA appointment for our adoption before the cut-off of July 11th in Danil's country.  So, for all of last week, and possibly the next 2 weeks, I'm living in this constant state of "what-if".  It's hard to wrap my mind around "2 weeks" or "approximately 3 months".

I have 1/2-packed suitcases, a 1/2-stocked pantry, and I've been running the boys to the doctor's office every other day, it seems.  Chase and Guy can't kick this cold/cough/ear infection thing that they have had going on since the beginning of June, and I certainly can't leave them for my mother-in-law sick and needing medical attention right off the bat, so my usual "let's see what happens" approach isn't very helpful right now.

I feel like I have a ton of stuff to do, and I get to a little of it every day, and then I look around at the end of the day (or at the beginning or middle, frankly), and my list gets bigger and bigger, and I am completely stressed out about everything all over again.  

I'm in the middle of appealing the boys' placements for school next year and Chase needs an OT/sensory evaluation. 

I have to pack this week for either: 1) Becky's wedding in Indiana, which I am supposed to leave for on Thursday, OR 2) Ukraine, depending on if we get our appointment this week or not.  Those are two VERY different occasions to fill a suitcase for!!  GAH.

I suppose I'd get a lot more done if I wasn't updating my blog with all this whining.  That is, of course, if I didn't have two little helpers who take more things OUT of the said suitcase/box/closet/laundry basket than I put in.  


Angelle said...

Did they give a reason that the placements were not renewed for next year? And where do they expect you to send Chase? It seems like in your case, your placement would continue...

Laurie said...

Just that WB is no longer over capacity. I have a couple people in the EC department who gave me some leads, so hopefully bc of our extenuating circumstances, we'll get in. Chase would go to the WB Ed Ctr, which also has great teachers, so I'm really fine with that...we just love Waxhaw so much, and I don't want to lose time with Chase developmentally while he adjusts to new therapists/teachers if we don't have to.