Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Good Night's Sleep

Still doesn't happen around here. It's not Chase. Usually.

Eenie has been restless at night. He woke up with bloodcurdling screams around 2am...I ran in to see what sort of bloody nose or wet bed I'd encounter. I walk in, and before I can even say anything, Ian tells me, "Andy gave me a sucker and Leah took it! THAT'S why I'm crying!"

He went on to smack the bed to show how angry he was about the whole situation. I tried to explain that it was just a dream, and he told me, "NO! Andy was right here in my room!"

Then all of a sudden he calmed down, pointed to his open door, and said with big eyes, "Hey look! A truck just drove past my room!" Riiiight.

It was so funny. He finally came out of it, and when I asked him what he could say to Leah if she took his sucker (a little confilct resolution lesson opportunity!), he looks at me and says very seriously, "Mom, I don't want to go back into the dream."

And then we laid together and he went back to sleep.

4 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

Checked on Andy last night, pretty sure she was here;) But hey, if she does give him a sucker I will make sure that she has one for Leah too.. so no more worries Ian!

Mandi said...

WOW. Was he still sleeping when he saw the truck?

Cate said...

Must be something in the air -- William has been restless and up at 3AM the past few nights.

Which makes mornings around here nothing but pure joy, I tell you.

Angelle said...

How freaky! Maybe be CAN see things no one else can see. :)