Friday, March 20, 2009

R&R

I just want to give a shout-out to my parents who are THE BEST.  They are taking the kids tonight through Sunday, and Bryan and I are driving up to Asheville for a weekend alone.

Things on my list to do for the next 2 days:
*Sleep in
*Go to bed without a monitor by my head.
*Order room service breakfast.
*Hike a trail somewhere.
*Read a paper and drink a cup of coffee without any interruptions.
*Wipe nobody's nose.
*Wipe nobody's butt.
*Have a conversation (or two) with Bryan.
*Ride in a car without kids' music or Monsters, Inc. in the background.
*Play a card game without anyone messing up the piles.
*Eat dinner at a restaurant that doesn't accomodate children.
*Meander through a cute shop without worrying that someone is going to break anything (I'm leaving Bryan in the hotel room for this one.)
*Not pack diapers, wipes, snacks, sippy cups, toys, a pack-n-play, a booster seat, Blue Dog or Green Frog.

I love my kids.  And I love being with them.  But I am sooooo looking forward to some time to just be Laurie instead of "Moooooom!!"  or "Dada" (yeah, Chase is still stonewalling me on the Mama thing.)  I want to make it a point to take a weekend once a year just to be Laurie and Bryan.  I think it's important.  Otherwise I will be a lunatic before I am 35.  Bryan will get there sooner.

So, thanks again, Papa and Gaga!!  You ROCK!

4 comments:

Jen said...

So. freaking. jealous.

You deserve this so much! I hope you guys have a great time.

(oh, and enjoy it while it lasts. once you've got three kids, NO ONE wants to keep them for the weekend. i speak from experience.)

Angelle said...

Have a great time! I hope all of your wishes come true!

Bill Lyon said...

Hey Laurie,

Hope you enjoyed the Ashville weekend. Your parents ARE Way Cool.

Bill Lyon

Anonymous said...

Now (Sunday night) Gaga and Papa are way tired. Laurie and Bryan brought us wine...how did they guess?