Friday, March 13, 2009

The Lot

My parents have 10 acres of forest that they are clearing for a future log home.  We love going out there for cookouts, sitting around a fire, and just generally getting dirty.  Ian loves helping Papa cut down trees and burn the sticks, and exploring with Gaga through the brush and the creeks.

I remembered to bring the camera along on this trip this past weekend.



I love Ian's face as he watches Papa use the chainsaw.

Chase and Bryan patiently wait for the tree to come down.

Papa wonders which way it will go...?

Starting the fire the old boyscout way...with lots of fuel.

Ian uses the clippers to break down the brush for kindling.

If you ever wondered...this is what happens when you mix an inquisitive little boy with Cheetos and dirt.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You know what? I keep picturing Chase as this baby, but clearly, he is NOT! I can't believe how grown up he looks. Must be the dirt.