Friday, February 8, 2008

Today

Had an awesome day today. (Nothing huge happened, so don't get your hopes up.)

After Chase's PT, we went to Concord Mills Mall with Angelle and and their various children. We hit up the Old Navy 40% off children's clothing sale (YAY!) and let the kids run wild on the Healthy Eating indoor playground.

When we got home, Chase ate a record amount of food (TWO 1/2 jars of Stage 3!!) and we all headed up to Kim's house, where there was a gathering of neighborhood kids outside. The kids played, the grown-ups chatted and enjoyed this awesome warm-ish weather that we've had for a few days, and Kim snuggled Chase to pieces.

Bryan is off at a Bobcats game with my dad, so the boys and I had a quiet dinner (well, as quiet as one can expect, but all the noises were happy ones!) where Ian discovered that he LOVES fried eggs, and Chase ate another record amount of Stage 3 food. Bathtime was next for two dirty boys, where lots of splashing and sudsing took place. They are so cute in the tub together...but I have yet to remember to bring my camera upstairs with me, so you'll have to imagine.

Chase fell right to sleep, and Ian was not far behind. He listened quietly to one book, was moderately indecisive about which song he wanted me to sing, but finally settled on the old standby "BlueDog Song", asked for Chapstick, and said goodnight to his shadow-monster friend on the wall. Haven't heard from him since.

It was just one of those uneventful but fulfilling days.

Now I sit, studying and finding every opportunity to be pulled away from it...

Here are some pictures of the boys I took the other day. I thought their spring-y shirts made them look like early Easter Eggs.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good grief - those pictures melt my heart. Such brotherly love!

Chris said...

Ian is so so gorgeous and Chase...I just want to munch on those cheeks...love the pic of him looking up at Ian...too cute. Glad you had such a nice normal day.

Mandi said...

those pictures are awesome. you really should submit them to some place and win something cool with them. :)