Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lefty McSharpscissors

Over breakfast, I cut a recipe out of the paper. Ian wanted to cut things out of the paper, too.

I thought, sure, I guess we could experiment with scissors. We've tried before, but Ian has never really mastered the open-shut concept.

So I set him up with a pair of Friskars and today's paper. And he totally went to town. I helped him grip the scissors in his right hand, and he was happily snipping along.

I turned my back for a minute, and he had switched hands. He had the scissors perfectly positioned in his left hand, and he was cutting even better than he had been with the right.

I guess I have a lefty.


I love the look of pure concentration on his face.

4 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

I have a lefty too!! Kenna is totally left handed.

Jen said...

Yep, Eli too, as far as I can tell. I'm secretly ecstatic about this, being a lefty myself.

Mandi said...

Lefties are freakin' awesome. (Can you tell i'm left handed?)

Rhiannon said...

Lefties are great! lol Though, I cut with my right hand so he still could be a righty!