Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Geneticist Visit

Today we have an appointment to see the geneticist. The last time we saw him was when we first got Chase's T21 diagnosis in the hospital. They made this follow-up appointment for 6 months later.

So, my question is, what's this appointment for? I mean, are we going to all sit around and look at his chromosome map again? Can he tell us anything that we don't already know? Is this going to be the gloom and doom appointment in which he tells us about the leukemia, the alzhemiers, the Future Problems? Or will this be a look-how-great-he's-doing-so-far appointment?

I guess I just don't know what to expect. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Cate said...

No advice here, I didn't enjoy the geneticist visits and we don't go any more. Good luck.

Jen said...

Ours are not particularly helpful, although I suppose they would be if I didn't know anything about T21. Our doctor is nice, though, and really great with Evan, and the appointments are usually "he's doing so great, blah blah blah". I can't get enough of hearing that kind of stuff, so we keep going even though I'm not sure we really get much out of them. Plus, our insurance pays for it.

I think that, as long as you like the doctor, and it's a positive experience, it certainly can't hurt to have one more set of eyes looking after your kid.