Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dental Retribution

I thought the dentist saga was over.

At the time that I had all that work done, they gave me an estimated portion to pay before they submitted the claim to insurance. I paid $303.20.

I just got a statement from BC/BS saying that I owed them $503.60!! WTF???

So I called the insurance lady and she told me that the charges were there because he was not an in-network provider. SHUT UP. I asked her if he had ever been an in-network provider because I distinctly remember him being one of three providers on the online list of in-network providers. And he was the only one taking new patients, and that is why I took the family to him. Because I hate him. And I had no other choice because he was listed as IN NETWORK! She couldn't tell me if he had previously been on the list.

I called the dentist. The stupid cheery receptionist told me that Dr. McLeod (Yes. I am posting his name. Do NOT go to this dentist if you are ever in the Charlotte area in need of dental work.) has NEVER been on ANY in-network lists. Ever.

Huh?

So, if his name wasn't on the list provided by BC/BS...how did I get his name?? I KNOW I didn't just whip out the phone book and pick him out of the Yellow Pages.

I just went to the BC/BS website to try to find his name on the list. Of course, he is nowhere to be found.

I am not crazy.

The BC/BS lady said she would send a Claim Appeal form. But, please, are they really going to dismiss the charges because I thought he was in-network?

Grr. I hate insurance.

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I hate dentists! I have my new health insurance now and I am so not looking forward to finding one. I think I have some major cavities going on.

Grace said...

I hate insurance!! I get a new bill at least 3x's a week for Avery's birth and they are all from differn't places.When I call United they tell me all I had to pay was my co-pay and everything was covered..well now I have collection people calling me!