Monday, October 1, 2007

Cardiologist Visit

Today we had to go to the cardiologist. This was the visit that was supposed to be 2 months ago, but I am such a scatterbrain that I had scheduled it during our Michigan vacation and didn't realize that we had missed the appointment until a month afterwards. So, today was the first available slot for this guy...

Anyway. We had to drive to Charlotte since we couldn't get into the closer office. I packed everyone up and we left a full 2 hours before we were supposed to be there, and we got there 10 minutes early. I don't know how that happens. The only explanation I can come up with is that there is some space-time continuum glitch that occurs when you are on your way to Important Appointments That You Cannot Be Late For. This trip should realistically take 45-50 minutes, tops. It's a good thing I have this figured out, otherwise we would be SO late for damn near everything.

Chase's stats this appt:
Weight- 16 lbs 2 oz (the Dr made some comment like, "Well, I guess gaining weight is not a problem..."
Height- 26 1/2 inches

The tech did an echocardiogram (Which still amazes me every time I see it. I mean, God. That's a picture of his heart in motion. Crazy.) and then the doctor chatted with us about the findings. He said that if they didn't know there had been a blood clot there previously, they wouldn't have seen anything there today. I guess that just means that they knew what they were looking for, and therefore could see the last little traces of it, but it's basically gone. Yippee! I know we are super lucky that Chase's heart issues were so mild, but it is still such a huge relief to know that this can be put behind us now (at least until the follow-up appointment in 2 months. Which I will NOT forget about.)

And the best part? I don't have to crush up 1/2 a baby aspirin and convince Chase to lick it off the spoon every morning anymore. Yay.

Oh- and Ian was awesome for the whole day. I know that hanging around doctor offices and spending half a day in the car is not a toddler's dream day, but he's been such a trooper. I didn't even have to bribe him with an ice cream cone this time.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

YAY! I'm glad it was a great appointment - and right on for having Appointments In Which You Cannot Be Late For and not being late for them! :)