Monday, October 1, 2007

A Home To Ourselves

Today was our first full day of having the house to ourselves.

My parents (Papa and Gaga) have been living with us since January, waiting for their house to sell (anyone want a beautiful piece of property in Boca Raton??) so they can begin construction on their log home up here. They have been a HUGE help to us, and Ian and Chase both LOVE LOVE LOVE their grandparents. And I love that they've had a chance to really get to know each other. That will make dropping them off for weekend stays that much easier later on :)

That being said, it's nice to be our own family unit again. Really, we have lived in our house here for 16 months now and have only NOT had houseguests for 2 months of that. Perhaps I will just start a B& B. The L&B B&B.

The downside? I had to make my own coffee AND get my own paper this morning. I wonder if my dad would consider swinging by here in the morning on his way to work to take care of these things...?

2 comments:

Grace said...

and to think Thursday you will have guests again,these damn people that just keep dropping in on you..people are so rude!!

Holly said...

Ok, so I'm still reading your blog. I just noticed your parents are called Papa & Gaga. That's what my parents are called! CRAZY!! Hope you don't think I'm nuts. I read blogs at night to relax after the kids are in bed. When I find a good one I can't quit! Surely you understand. :)