Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bumps in the Night

Both kids were in bed and asleep by 8 last night. Heaven!

I scrapped a little, then hightailed it upstairs so I could watch House in bed under my heating blanket. On level 22. It's cold here!

10:00- House is over. I decide to break out Life Goes On: Season One. I ordered this from Netflix because I happened to miss the show in the 80s. I feel a little left out, and I figure one day I may meet Chris Burke now. So I want to be prepared.

10:15- Already crying. Corky goes to his first day of high school and can't find Room 72 for English. Ugh. All I can think is that all these things will happen to Chase. Heart. Breaking. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea.

10:30- I start hearing whimpering from Ian's room.

10:45- It gets worse. I go in to see what's wrong, and Ian is just generally sad, slightly stuffy, and I offer to let him come sleep with me. We fall asleep all wrapped up together. My nose is in his hair- he smells like little boy.

Midnight- Huge THUMP followed by wails. Ian has managed to wiggle worm his way out of the covers and off the side of the bed. This would have NEVER happened if Bryan was here. (It's all your fault, Honey.) There is no permanant damage, but he's going to have a bruise on his forehead. That's the worst thing about falling out of bed- you're not coherent enough to try and catch yourself. Ian landed flat out, face down on the floor.

12:30- Ian decides he wants to sleep in his own bed by himself. I couldn't blame him. It's dangerous in mine.

1:00, 1:20, 2:30, 3:00, 3:15- Ian calls me for various things. He needs water. His Blue Dog fell out of bed. He got out of bed and wants me to put him back in. His nose is stuffy.

3:30-5:00- I dream that I am cast as Corky's mother in the theatre production of Life Goes On. The director doesn't like my accent.

5:00- Chase wakes up.

Coffee, anyone?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Just when you thought you were going to get a good night's sleep...


I got those Life Goes On DVDs from Netflix too, shortly after Evan was born. I cried at the exact same scene. I can't bear to think about sending him to school at all, let alone HIGH school. Kids are so mean.

Mandi said...

Oh geez! At least chase slept through the night, right?

Tom said...

6:00am - Laurie is rescued by Ian from drowning in her bowl of cereal after she has passed out in it.

I've yet to see Life Goes On yet, but it's on my list.

Mike said...

i love "the director didnt like my accent" :)