Friday, October 12, 2007

Backfire.

I asked Ian to help me pick up his toys from the living room and kitchen this afternoon so I could vacuum. He refused. He moped. He brought more toys out.

So I decided to try the classic ok-mommy-will-pick-them-up-but-then-the-toys-will-be-mine routine. I got a big box. I announced every toy that I put in, followed with, "Now it's Mommy's..." and a big sigh.

No reaction.

I even put Blue Dog in. He didn't care.

Then, he started helping. But he didn't put his toys back in the playroom. He was helping me put them in the Mommy Box. Each time he put one in, he'd say, "Ok, I guess this one is Mommy's now."

Then we put the box into the garage.

He is either obstinate or clueless. I will let you know if he ever realizes what actually happened.

No comments: