Monday, September 10, 2007

Yoga Success!

This is the first time Ian has been back to the daycare since the pilates incident a couple weeks ago. We had a long talk in the car about how he can have fun with his friends in the playplace, and he can eat two cookies (bribery works) there, and that Mommy would come back in just 1 hour to get him.

We were a little late (when are we not?) and we dropped Chase off, then ran down the hall to the toddler area. Ian went right inside, sat down at the table, and started to cry. Oy.

We had the pep talk again. I got his cookies out, and gave him one last reassuring kiss...then ran down the hall, back to yoga, and tried to "center" myself while huffing and puffing (maybe I should consider some kind of cardiovascular work out routine...?).

Ian stayed in the daycare the whole time! I went to get him after class, and he was happily playing with the other kids. Success! Now I just have to go back more regularly so it's not such an issue again. *sigh*

1 comment:

Grace said...

why does it work some days and not others? Today was great from the moment I woke up till now,things have been so smooth.Tomorrow though,I will want to slit my wrists by noon!

p.s. Bribery is the best tool a mother can bring with her anywhere!