Thursday, September 6, 2007

Chase's 4 Month Check Up

My big guy:

90%-ile in weight
75%-ile in height
70%-ile in head circumference
(These are all on the Ds chart. I wonder what they would be on a typical chart?)


No areas of concern according to the survey I filled out (which was for typical babies). All good news.

She also said that we should start feeding him solids. It seems a little early to me, but she brought up the point that it may take him a little longer to become accustomed to eating solid food, so we may as well start now and at least let him try it. That sounds plausible. Any ideas on this?

3 comments:

Christeeny said...

Yay for Chase! OK, so now I'm imagining a pic of Chase posing with his first turkey leg.

Personally, I don't think Chase needs to start on solids yet. I wouldn't do it. Think of allergies, you know? It's only 2 more months until he's 6 months anyway, right?

Jen said...

We started both of our boys on rice cereal around 5 months, and added veggies maybe a month or two later. Evan didn't have any trouble with the solids at all...he's a champion eater. Our pediatrician is big on telling us to do everything the same with Evan as we did with his brother, unless some issue comes up. No need to treat him differently right off the bat. And they only measure him on the typical growth chart and will continue to do so unless he falls off of it. We check the DS chart just for curiousity's sake, but for now, it's business as usual.

Grace said...

I have always started my kids on solids earlier than other moms but I had two BIG boys who were hungry! I think I will hold off on Avery and try to keep her dainty! As for Chase,what did you do for Ian? And if Chase is gaining the appropriate amount of weight and sleeping, whats the rush? I say you wait till Oct 5th when i will be there and then we can feed him! yay!