Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Running Errands

This morning I skipped Pilates (I've been doing that a LOT lately...all with good excuses, though. Today I had a cramp in my left side that wouldn't go away...) and instead we took a field trip to the mall (the good one- not Podunk Monroe Mall).

We had to take Bryan's new Bronco t-shirts back to Penney's because the Penney's in Denver forgot to take the ink-security tag off of them!

We made a day of it, returning the shirt, shopping a little (may I recommend these- they are on sale now for 5 for $20! Very comfy.) then stopped at the play place with the tunnels like McDonald's, and had CHik-fil-A in the food court.

Ian was almost perfect the whole time (only hiding briefly in the clothing racks at American Eagle. He even went peepee in the big potty without a fuss. We're pretty good at going into the world wearing big boy underwear now. Although yesterday on the way to the doctor we had to peepee in the bushes on the side of the road, but that's another story.

We met lots of really nice moms and kids there today. I think that the moms at Carolina Place Mall are nicer than the ones at Concord Mills. Just an observation. We ate our lunch next to a mom with 18 month old twin girls. She was chatting about how it's been really hard having twins...they were premature and are delayed a little, too. And for the first time in a while, I didn't scream in my head- "You think YOU'VE got it rough?!?!" I think I'm getting better at this whole acceptance thing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yep, you're getting better. Just takes time.

You're also very brave for going into the world with only a tiny pair of big boy underwear between you and an impending disaster. I commend you!

I used to work at Carolina Place mall, back in college. At Express. Spent more than I made, of course. I was the model employee!