Monday, September 10, 2007

Christening the Bathroom

Chase christened the newly painted bathroom tonight.

Bryan doesn't really understand the timing of things yet.

For Chase's bathtime, you go in this order:
1-Fill the tub.
2-Undress Chase, changing his diaper and putting on a new diaper.
3-Bring Chase to the bathroom.
4-Check to make sure he hasn't pooped in the 30 seconds it took to get from his bedroom to the bathroom.
5-If diaper is clean, quickly remove diaper and place baby directly in tub.
6-Wash rapidly and remove promptly before next explosion.

This evening, Bryan started bathtime. This is what happened:
1-Bryan undresses Chase, removing diaper.
2-I go upstairs after cleaning up the dinner dishes and see a naked Ian streak past me in the hallway.
3-I find that the bath is not yet started.
4-I turn on the water and get Ian in the tub.
5-Bryan arrives in the bathroom with a naked Chase.
6-As I'm filling up the baby tub, I hear the SOUND.
7-Bryan says, "Oh, that is the grossest thing I have ever seen."
8-I look over and see Bryan holding Chase like a serving tray with both arms outstretched. There is a splatter across the floor, up the tub, and halfway up the wall.
9- I tell Bryan, "And THAT is why you wait til the last minute to take the diaper off."

1 comment:

Mandi said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Lesson Learned. ;)