Friday, September 21, 2007

Hunger Strike

So, I said that Chase was loving his rice cereal. He is making me into a liar.

He giggled and smiled his way through about 3 meals. Now he's completely done a 180. He spits it out, gags, and cries like I'm torturing him during dinner time now. What's the deal??

I've tried different consistencies, different times of day, before and after nursing...to no avail. Should I give up and try again in a couple months?? I really don't want eating solid food to be a traumatic experience.

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Kacey Bode said...

My 3 1/2 year old did something similar when he was first starting out. I just waited about a week and then tried again, so maybe try that or even just a couple of days. I know with Ella, if she has any kind of drainage, aka snot, that she is very gaggy and doesn't eat well.

Rhiannon said...

Well as you know, Ty never liked any baby food. We wasted so much money trying every different kind. Maybe wait a couple weeks and come back to it? Don't stress it too much though.

Angelle said...

I would take a break and come back occasionally to see how he feels about it. Kids are funny like that...