Thursday, September 6, 2007

Fun at the Dentist

My dentist either has a terrible sense of humor, or he's just a little too much like the sadistic Dr. Farb from Little Shop.

1- I had to have 5 teeth worked on. He numbed up the right and left top, then said, "We're going to try to do the bottom left without numbing you up. We'll see how you do. Just raise your hand if you feel uncomfortable." I thought he was joking at first. He was totally serious! He drilled a little, I made a garbled OW! sound and he numbed me up for the rest.

2- In the middle of everything, I had 4 hands, 4 different tools, and a big spit sucker vacuum in my mouth. He says- "Open for me, please." How much more opener can I get?!?

3- Every time he got out the drill with the biggest bit, he said, "Okay, here comes a little bumpity-bump." Seriously.

And the assistant was a little iffy, too:

After all was said and done, and I couldn't feel my lips, tongue, or the left side of my face, she gave me a cup of mouthwash and told me to "rinse for about a minute." I can't even keep my own saliva in my mouth at this point.

Do you think they do this stuff because it makes for good stories to tell in the breakroom?

2 comments:

Christeeny said...

OMG! You have me in stitches imagining about what was going on. Were you talking like Mushmouth when all was said and done?

Mandi said...

HAHAHA! You need to come and use my dentist. We get laughing gas and a TV on the ceiling. He could ask me anything and i would tell him!