Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pilates

Ian had a meltdown at the gym today. He all of a sudden decided that the playplace was not a fun place to be, and there was NO WAY he was going to stay there.

I left him there screaming for me, with the teachers telling me that he would be fine.

15 minutes later, in the middle of my pilates class, I saw the teacher peeking in the window, motioning for me to come out...Ian apparently never calmed down.

I got up to go and get him, and Cici (the instructor) tells me to bring him back and finish class! I don't think she knew what she was in for. Sure, he LOOKS harmless...!

So, I got the hysterical Ian and brought him with me to class. He got his very own yoga ball and mat, and he spent the next 40 minutes chasing the ball around the room, occasionally knocking into the really uber-understanding participants.

Even though all the ladies told Ian that he should come back again sometime, I don't think it's going to be something we make a habit of doing. It's really hard to balance on that dang ball in the first place, and much more difficult when you are dodging a two year old as well.

1 comment:

Cate said...

Oh man. That does not sound like fun.

Sometimes I think we've got parallel lives going. I went to Pilates yesterday. And it was a big deal because I had to leave newly-underpants-wearing William in child care, and how would he do? What if he needed to go to the bathroom? (answer: one of the ladies noticed he needed to go and took him. He did not tell them.)

Not sure what my point is -- just that I'm in the same boat(s). Hang in there.