Monday, August 27, 2007

Mondays...

And here I thought because I stay at home I wouldn't have to endure Mondays anymore.

This morning:

Ian had another gigantic "accident" in his bg boy underwear while I was in the shower. Yuck. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Went to Wal-Mart for general grocery shopping. Unloaded all of my stuff at the register. Noticed that I did NOT have my wallet with me.

As we were rushing out of the store, Ian decides that NOW is the time that he would like to pee-pee in the big potty. The restroom has no hooks in it, and I'm wearing Chase. So there we are, Chase in the sling, diaper bag slung onto my back, Ian with his pants around his ankles, and I'm holding him up so that he can reach the potty with his stream. Good news: he made it :)

Drove madly back home, ran inside- grabbed my wallet that was sitting on the counter and a cookie (energy) and trucked back to Wal-Mart. Paid for lonely groceries wilting in the cart by #17 register.

After I paid, I realized that Chase had spit up all down the front of my shirt.

Now Chase is hungry, so he cries all the way home, Ian is trying to calm him down by singing the first quarter of the ABC's over and over again. I stuff all the bags into the fridge to sort through later, dump Spaghettios in a bowl for Ian, and sit down to nurse Chase.

Thank God everyone went down for a nap easy today. I'm wiped.

6 comments:

Cate said...

Laughing with you, not at you.

At least you took a shower -- it's 4:15 and I still haven't managed that.

Rhiannon said...

Wow, I am tired just reading that one! I can't believe you went back for the groceries, I would have just gone tomorrow!

L. Noelle said...

What a vivid description! I could imagine every scenario as you laid it out! I felt like I was right there with you! It sounds like you handled the stress very well, probably much better than I would have. Which would have been to cry!

Christeeny said...

Holy crap! What a day, eh? I hope you took a nap too.

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehe not really funny but to moms who have been there it is so nice to hear you are not alone....

Thank god for afternoon naps!!

Jen said...

Oh my. You're Supermama!