Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cavities...Check!

It was time for my 6 month cleaning today at the dentist. Yay. Those of you who remember my last trip to the dentist know that I wasn't all that excited to go back.

Anyhoo. I brought Ian with me so that he could watch the "funny toothbrush" and see Mommy's teeth get "white and shiny". I dropped Chase off with Tiffany (thank you, Tiff!!) and we were off.

Isn't it funny that when you just had one child, going somewhere without any kids was a break, but when you have more than one, just taking a single child instead of the whole herd feels like a break? Did that make sense? I felt like Ian and I had a little vacation together- just Mommy and Me and the dentist.

He was super good. He sat in the chair in the corner and watched. Then he stood next to me and watched. Then he climbed on top of me and watched. He kept asking questions while the hygenist was elbow-deep in my mouth: "Are you done yet, Mommy? Do you like those sunglasses, Mommy? Are your teeth clean now, Mommy? Do you have cavities in there, Mommy?" The dentist had a stuffed alligator with ginormous dentures and a huge toothbrush in the corner. Ian spent about 10 minutes brushing his teeth. Then he put him in time-out because he lost his toothbrush...? Not sure what that was all about, but it made the dentist laugh.

Last but not least, Ian got a ride in the big dentist chair, and Dr. McLeod promised to clean his teeth when he turned 3. Actually, I asked when he should come in for his first official cleaning- and the Dr said, "Well, we usually try to wait until they can sit still for a period of time first." So...like, 12? 18? After college??

Oh, and I still have those 5 cavities from when I was pregnant and he refused to fill them. So now I have to go back next week. Gross.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I have an appointment for a cavity next week also! (Wednesday @ 8:00) I used to hate getting cavities, but my new dentist gives me laughing gas and a TV on the ceiling with headphones. it was awesome! :)

Keri Donald said...

How smart of you to take Ian to see you at the dentist now! If I ever get insurance and get to visit the dentist again, I'll have to do that with Annabelle!

Grace said...

I totally understand about just taking 1 kid,it's a mini get-away!