Sunday, August 26, 2007

Blog Slacker

I apoligize for being a blog slacker this week.

I feel like I've been super busy, but when I sat down just now to reflect on what has been happening this week, I'm at a loss. It wasn't all that exciting.

It's still crazy hot here, so we didn't really venture out of the house that much. Especially since the AC in my car went out (grr.) I'm trying to pretend that this God-awful heat is going to stop soon and make way for beautiful Fall weather, and I keep telling myself that I can save on a big repair bill by just sweating it out, but I think I'm going to cave and bring the car into the dealership on Tuesday. THe worst was when it was 102 outside and the boys and I were driving 35 minutes to dinner in traffic. I kept reaching back at stoplights to put an ice pack on their faces. Ugh.

Went to Mommies' Night Out Wednesday night at Miro Spanish Grill. Good food, good crowd- better Sangria :) It was nice to get out.

Thursday we met my parents for dinner at Carrabbas. It was a spur of the moment kin dof thing, then we realized it was Chase's 4 month birthday. So, I guess we celebrated there. Then we lost his pacifier somewhere under the table...

We also went to the waterpark Thursday with Christine and Alex. Since most of the kids are in school now, it was pretty empty and we didn't have to worry about Marco Polo players running into us.

Friday was PT day- Chase is doing great :) His head control is getting better and better. Now his favorite thing to do is lift both feet in the air and kick toys on the way down instead of batting at them with his hands.

Saturday was a picnic for the DSAC...and it was hot, hot HOT. We met Dan, April, Alex, and Lindsay there, but everyone melted pretty quickly and we didn't stay too long. We did, however, stay long enough to discover Ian's love for stomp rockets. I totally have to buy this for him now.

We got home from the picnic and everyone was wiped out. Even Chase. He slept from 4:30pm til almost 9pm...I enjoyed that big long nap and took some time to scrapbook. Then he decided to stay up until midnight...

Then Mike and Angelle came over for a game of Loaded Questions- lots of fun :) I like any game that I can play from my LazyBoy with a baby on my boob.

I promise to keep up on my blogging this week, so as to avoid another huge long recap entry like this again!

1 comment:

Christeeny said...

I think your car is hinting to you need to trade trade it in for a mini-van. ;-) I hope the A/C gets fixed soon!

OMG, did you walk this AM? I woke up at 8:15!!! LOL