Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 4th

Chase was making the funniest faces while we waited for the fireworks!
This is Ian's newest smile. He looks like a duck...

We mananged to pack our things and ourselves up and get out to the local park to see some fireworks last night. We went with good friends and the kids ran around like lunatics before the show started.


I kind of had a hard time.


There were happy families all over...kids with no Issues. It especially made me sad to have a family park themselves next to our blanket- a mom, dad, 3ish year old, and a newborn- probably about 4-5 weeks old. It just makes me think about what my old picture of how life was supposed to be.


It makes me upset with myself, because sometimes I just get into a funk and can't stop thinking about Down syndrome and how it is going to effect everything around me. I know that it's going to have positive effects, too...blah blah blah. But sometimes I just get stuck.


My crappy attitude didn't stop my kids from being cute, though...


5 comments:

Reichi said...

Hi! I'm a Japanese housewife.
I stumbled onto your blog. I wanted to leave you a comment 'cos your two boys are so cute!!

Cheer up!( Sorry I don't know how to encourage you with my poor English.)

Reichi said...

Hi! I'm a Japanese housewife.
I stumbled onto your blog. I wanted to leave you a comment 'cos your two boys are so cute!!

Cheer up!
(I don't know how to encourage you more with my poor English. Sorry.)

Jen said...

It always hits you at the most unexpected moments, doesn't it? It still happens to me, though it's becoming less frequent and less upsetting. I hope that happens for you too.

Thanks for all your nice comments. Your boys are wonderful and I look forward to reading more about them.

Also, you don't live too far from me...just a couple of hours I think!

Cate said...

Sometimes, when I see people like that, I just tell myself the kid hasn't been diagnosed yet. But there's probably something wrong with them.

I'm not a nice person, though. And I am definitely very glad that my crappy attide doesn't affect my kids' cuteness -- they'd be hideous monsters, no doubt.

Pam said...

Hey, great job on holding the head up Chase!!! Rhett couldn't do that till he was 7 months old! WAY TO GO!

We all have our moments that bring us down, I have been known to feel sorry for myself..... but it gets better trust me!