Thursday, July 26, 2007

Brave Ian

We went to the water park this morning with the CDS Crew. Going to the water park now means Chase(in the sling) and I run after Ian as he wades neck deep in the water back and forth across the pool, laughing like a maniac.

He used to hold my hand, but now I have to follow 3 steps behind Mr. Independent.

Twice he lost his footing and completely submersed himself and had trouble getting his head above water again. I had to drag him up by the arm both times, coughing and sputtering. You'd think that would scare him, right?

Nope. As soon as he catches his breath again, he's right back at it. Craziness. I wonder if he's going to be the kid jumping off the roof onto a trampoline or car-surfing down the street in 15 years. Oy.

1 comment:

Cate said...

Brave Ian?? Brave Laurie, I think. No way am I trying to take both kids swimming until they're both mobile and answer commands. So, like, ten years or so.