Thursday, July 12, 2007

Harry Potter Movie

It's a little ironic that my first "date" with Bryan without children since, gosh, I don't know when- was to a kid-flick. *sigh* But really, is Harry Potter for children anymore?

Anyhoo-

  1. I loved the movie. It was fast, it wasn't as indepth as the book, but is any adaptation?!
  2. Movies these days should have a built in intermission for potty breaks. If they are going to serve monster sized drinks, then the theatre people should accomodate restroom needs.
  3. It was strange watching a movie without giving a blow-by-blow toddler commentary, i.e. "Look Ian! A wizard! Doesn't he have a neat broom?" or "Don't worry. Voldemort is just pretend. Close your eyes if he scares you."
  4. Monroe, NC rocks. Opening night of HP anywhere else in the country = long lines and limited seating. Opening night of HP in podunk Monroe = empty seats in the theatre and no waiting.
  5. How is the cast of HP ever going to get through the next 2 years at Hogwarts without looking like they are middle aged? My, how they've grown.

That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I tried doing that to D, he'll think that I have something kinky for Harry Potter. LMAO!

Angelle said...

I totally see it! D, look out, that is your Halloween costume!

Kacey Bode said...

That is so funny!! I totally know what you mean about giving a running commentary to a toddler!!! You said that Chase is on meds for hypothyroid, did you notice any difference when you first put him on them, or was he too little?