Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 for 21, New Job Eve

This 31 for 21 thing is hard this year.  I'm running out of time in the days.  Even right now, I should definitely be in bed, but I have a thousand things to do on my New Job Eve.

Lunches to pack, outfits to try on (GAH!  Why did I eat all that chocolate in Ukraine?!?!), kitchen to clean, long detailed instructions for Miss Bert (our new nanny, or, as I like to call her, Mary Poppins), and kids that took late naps who don't want to go to bed tonight (ahem, Chase.)

Oh, plus that boatload of professional reading to do.  I still have like 9 hours left before I have to leave for work.  I should be able to cover 3 books on literacy, right?

Plus, my master plan was to take a shower tonight so that all I had to do was straighten my hair in the morning to look presentable. 

I am already missing my yoga pants and ponytail...

But I am also looking forward to looking like a human being again.

Oh, and a paycheck.  I am looking forward to a paycheck.  So are my bills.  And so is Bryan.

The kids are gonna be fine tomorrow.  Just fine.  Perfectly fine.  And so am I.  I'll be fine.  Fine, fine, fine, fine fine.  We'll all be fine.

Just. Fine.

No comments: