Saturday, October 22, 2011

31 for 21, DownsEd

I attended the 3rd day of the DownsEd conference here in Charlotte today.  I gotta tell you, between the reading trainer at school all week and the deluge of information there today, I am a bit overloaded.

But, there was a ton really fantastic information available- things that I can use with the boys and things that I can use for teaching my struggling readers at school.

I have a list of things that I need to do:
1. Work on having higher expectations behaviorally for all the boys.  That's on me.  They can do more.  They can be held accountable for following routines, and held to a higher level of functioning- as far as contributing to the household work and behaving in public.

2.  Get organized for literacy and numeracy activities at home.

3.  Follow up with school activities at home.

4.  Add 6-8 more hours to every day for sleep.

2 comments:

Cate said...

I really struggle with the expectations thing myself. It's so often easier to just do things myself, but I know I'm not doing anyone any favors with that.

let me know when you figure out the sleep thing.

ParkerMama said...

Oh, how I could use those extra 6-8 hours of sleep. Lemme know if you get that one figured out.

And I'd love to see your reading and math activities you are planning!

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com
@ParkerMama on Twitter