Friday, October 7, 2011

31 for 21, eh.

2nd full day home.  Trying to catch up on a ton of stuff while simultaneously spending 24/7 with the kiddos.

I'm kind of exhausted tonight.  Luckily this feeling doesn't set in until after the kids are in bed.

I can only ignore the house and the pile of mail and the laundry and the unpacking and the looming threat of going back to work in 9 days and trying to find reliable and affordable daycare and contacting and paying a stupid attorney to take care of my dumb speeding ticket from earlier this summer for so long.

It all catches up with you sometime.

On the plus side, I had a conference with Ian's teacher today.  All good stuff- math, reading, science.  He's a good kid, really.  An awesome one.  And like last year's teacher, his new one mentioned Ian's compassionate heart.  I love that this is a constant in his personality- that wherever he is, he demonstrates understanding and tact.  Well, you know, aside from the occasional bouts of pure BOY that he has...

But I am so, so proud of him.  And I wonder if he is like this by nature, or if he was an only child, would he still be the same boy?  Did Chase gift him with empathy?  I don't know.

I do believe, though, that it absolutely takes a special brother to forgive another certain brother (whose name rhymes with leek) for biting him so hard that he drew blood today while they were playing.

No comments: