Monday, October 10, 2011

31 for 21, Attention Teachers

I'm taking a break from telling you about how awesome it is to be home right now (even though it is, and I just got home from spending an hour with my bestie next door catching up- eeee!)

I'm catching up on some professional reading before I go back to work, you know, so I can talk intelligently about something that is not a.) poop, b.) laundry, or c.) how cute my kids are.

So, I'm probably totally out of the loop, and maybe the last reading educator who has read this book, but The Cafe Book; engaging all students in daily literacy assessment and instruction, by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser is AWESOME.

I feel like these ladies could have been my sisters.  I was one who was always trying to find the perfect system to group and assess my kids, to motivate them, and to find the time to meet all their individual needs.  I love, love LURVE their answers to these issues, and I cannot wait to work it all into the classroom.

What's even better is that in my role, I'll be supporting classroom teachers during their literacy blocks, and they are already on board with the Cafe system...so in theory, we will all be working towards the same goal with the same methods and understandings.  

The reading teacher in me is so excited that she could just die.

1 comment:

Angelle said...

I am giddy for you. And I will have to check out that book.