Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

For my last 31 for 21, I give you Halloween fun...so that you can admire our witty costumes,

my yuck factor cake,

and I can brag about how cute my kids were trick or treating.



But also to document that life here is pretty normal (or as close as one can get).  I remember that there was a point in time that I didn't think that life would ever be 'normal' again.  And to anyone reading this blog who has ever felt that, or is feeling that now, because a child of yours has been diagnosed with Down syndrome...I offer you these photos.  Because you will smile again.  And you will celebrate.  And you will do all the things you thought you would do with your child.

You will go trick or treating.  He will knock on doors, say "tickoteeeet" and pick out a sucker, say thank you, and say "buh-bye" with a wave.  He will be a sticky mess by the time you go home.



He will ride in a wagon with his brother and dance to the music that he hears from his dad's phone playing Black Eyed Peas remix all evening.  And then he will refuse to ride because he would rather walk with the big kids.



You will plan fun things to do with your kids, and they will actually turn out fun.


You will still have a lot of friends...who may or may not do Jello shots with you before trick or treating.  And also possibly drink lots of spiked punch, as well.



Life will return to normal-ish...and it will be good :)

Happy Halloween, all!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I don't get the P thing... what are you guys?

And I loved your post. A great way to end your 31 for 21!

PS My WV is "Storons" HA!

Laurie said...

We are The Black Eyed Peas, of course!! Duh.

Kari said...

Black Eyed Peas... love it!!!!