Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Recipes I Forgot

My mom taught me how to make an awesome lasagna.  I made one for a friend today...and can't remember when the last time was that I made it for my own family.  Oops.

So I made an extra for us for tomorrow night when I have a date with my Ds mommies for wine and cupcakes (best Mom's Night Out ever).

I decided I need to work on a recipe recovery program...I need to go through my cookbooks to figure out what I've made before that I can put back into rotation.  I am terrible at planning meals, and more often than not end up throwing things together because they are in the pantry and not necessarily that they go together.  They often turn out good, but when they do I have a really hard time duplicating it.

Eh.  Anyway.  This is not the most exciting post ever.

Funny story:  I packed the meal up to bring to my friend, loaded the kids in the car for Ian's Kung Fu class, fully intending on going straight from the class, through the Sonic Drive Thru (don't judge.  Every once in a while a kid needs a grilled cheese and an order of tots.), and on to Mindi's house to see her new baby, then straight home to bed for the boys.  I was so proud of myself for remembering every detail to make this plan work.  Then I realized that my wallet was still at home.

So, that fracked up my whole plan.  No money for dinner OR for gas, and not enough time to go back to the house and then double back up to Ft Mill.  Ian whined at me the entire way home because he wanted to "play with Drew and Annabelle so so so so so so so so so so badly."  And I kept repeating in my head (and out loud) that I was so sorry, and that we simply CANNOT go, not because I am mean, but because I can't remember anything.  Ever.

Oy.  I put the lasagna in the freezer and we will try again on Thursday afternoon.

No comments: