Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Linville Caverns

We drove a couple hours to the mountains for the first time since we moved here from Florida. It was totally worth it.

It was cold up thar in them mountains...
Chase was the only cozy one. Love that Moby Wrap!

We took a tour of the Linville Caverns (where Ian did NOT freak out when the guide turned out the lights and we were plunged into complete and total utter darkness!)

We ate at Smokey Que's (where the Sweet and Spicey sauce was so good, we took home a pint of it in a styrofoam cup).

We hiked the moderate trail at Linville Falls to see the Plunge Overlook. On a side note- it was 40 degrees outside and we were prepared for the easy trail...but we took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up on the Pleasant Hike But Not So Great For a Two Year Old Trail. It's all good, though. We made it out before dark, and no rescue parties were needed.

I like this photo :)

4 comments:

Tom said...

Your making me miss North Carolina. I used to live on the coast near Wilmington (Wrightsville Beach). Fun pictures!

Tiffanyrose said...

I love that last picture of you! Darn, I already had your gift done. That would have been a good one in the collection!

LeShayne said...

Hey lets call it even - I got my pics up fast, you have better pics! I took no pictures in the backyard or MJ's for some reason. Great pics and the one of you and Bryan is great!

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the sauce at Smokey Ques. I am the individual that makes it and delivers it the restaurant there in Marion. The sauce recipe is over 70 years old. We also sell some of it on the side and are working on marketing it to be sold in stores. bolickfamilyva@aol.com