Sunday, November 18, 2007

Destined to be Late

Every year around this time I began to have grand visions of making Christmas cards and getting them sent out on time.

However, most years (and by most, I mean all) my cards don't get out until after Christmas. Once it was February. I kid you not.

So last week, I started making cards with Ian, determined to finish them before Thanksgiving (so that they can sit around on my counter without any postage for the next 3 weeks or so and STILL get to people's houses before the Big Day.)

The process included gluing about 4 billion googly eyes on the front of the cards. I'd show you a picture, but I don't want to ruin the surprise.

I sat down this afternoon to complete the last step, and I happened to knock one of the cards off the table.

ALL OF THE GOOGLY EYES FELL OFF THE DAMN CARD. I hoped it was a fluke. Maybe Ian forgot the glue on that one.

Nope.

It's all of them. All the eyes.

Are you freaking kidding me?

I know, I know. It's really not a big deal. But can't ANYTHING be easy...?

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I know you don't think so but you will laugh at that story someday! lol I haven't started mine either. I plan to this week since I have the whole week off! Of course, I have to make Thanksgiving dinner and a diaper cake but I really do plan to get them done...

Tom said...

Maybe you could just leave the eyes off and write something like, "All I want for Christmas are my two front eyes, my two front eyes..." :)