Saturday, November 10, 2007

Christmas Shopping ALREADY!?

We went to Concord Mills Mall today to buy new warm jammies for the boys. There is a Children's Place outlet there, and there is also a kick ass kids' playplace there. And they have a Dave and Busters, which Bryan loves. So it's good for everyone.

Except that apparently the Christmas shopping season has already begun and the mall was PACKED. But it was still fun. Because I really like shopping. And Ian was super good. (So was Chase, but then, he always is.)

After we got home, my parents came over to babysit and Bryan and I went out on a date (!)...by ourselves. Even though Ian told us that he would like to go on a date with us, too. But he and Chase had lots of fun with Papa and Gaga, who are perfect grandparents, and do things like let Ian stay up til 8 when he should have been in bed by 7 :) (Hi Mom!)

Bryan and I had dinner at a little Mexican place, and inhaled our food and drinks in record time (it's hard to slow down sometimes!). We were done by 7ish, and didn't want to waste our grown-up time, so we took a field trip to Target. All those holiday shoppers at the Mall gave us the Santa bug.

Here's what we scored for Santa tonight:

For Chase- these awesome blocks to crawl on (or maybe just roll around near- who knows?)

For Ian- a baseball mitt, a pop-up soccer net, Chutes and Ladders, and Hungry Hungry Hippos


Fun! Next stop...the bookstore!

8 comments:

Angelle said...

A date night, must be nice. I am hoping to have one of those Thanksgiving week when we have all the grandparents here! I approve of your purchases.

LeShayne said...

Just so you know for your future shopping we got Ian a couple of games too - let me know if you want to know which ones.

Glad you had a nice night. And those blocks are amazing.

April said...

Yeah! I finally took 5 minutes to register. Next time you're at Concord Mill, you should stop by. We're only 5 minutes away. Northlake Mall has an even better play place for kids. It's about twice as big and entertains for hours!!

Melanie said...

In regards to your last comment to me...my husband and I plan on trying to have another baby as soon as I am done nursing Logan. Thinking about giving Devin and Logan another sibling makes me very excited about both of their futures. I think a big family is just what Logan needs to be happy and have a lot of love and support.

Melanie said...

Those block for Chase look awesome. I would love to hear what he thinks of them!

Mandi said...

When i read that you and Bryan went to a mexican place, all i could think of was CHIIIIICAAA!!!!! :)
Way to go on shopping early. :)

Tom said...

There must be something in the air... (since, as you know, my wife and I went out on a date recently too) :)

Glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

hey.....!