Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lies, All Lies.

It was raining all. day. long. on Saturday.

So we caught Cici's pizza and a matinee showing of Horton Hears a Who (which was, by the way, totally cute. Even though I fell asleep for a teensy bit at the end...)

Then, since it was STILL raining after the show, we decided to drive through Bruster's Ice Cream. Hello? They advertise a free second scoop whenever it's raining or snowing at your time of order. Free stuff!

We pull up. We order. Bryan asks, just to be sure, about the free second scoop. The speaker gets quiet. The order girl comes back and says:

It's not raining hard enough.

Are you kidding me? Not hard enough?! Is there some kind of mathematical formula to determine it? Is there a certain number of drops per square inch? I mean, seriously, we had the wipers on. We had to run through puddles the parking lot. It's not raining HARD enough?

So, did I say something? Did I pick a fight? No, not worth the free extra scoop. I don't really need it, anyway. Maybe they were just trying to find a nice way to say, "Um, Ma'am? You don't really need the extra 500 calories in that scoop of birthday cake ice cream."

No comments: