Monday, January 28, 2008

Growing

Ian's been restless at night the last couple weeks. He complains of cramps in his legs and hands. He's also been eating like a MAN recently (bowls and bowls and bowls of LifeCerealPlease).

So last night, at 9:30, when he should have been asleep an hour and a half ago, he yelled downstairs saying he was "huuuuuuuuuungreeeeeeeeeee!" I knew it was a ploy, but what if he is genuinely starving? I hate going to bed hungry. So I let him get up and eat a banana. But before we went downstairs, I made him stand by his growth chart...

Since January 23, 2007: 3 inches

Since January 10, 2008 (2 1/2 weeks ago): 1/2 inch!!

Maybe we won't have to roll the 3T pants for very much longer...

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Holy growth spurt! I will be curious to see how much Ty has grown at his 2 year appt. since he hasn't gained much weight!

Jen said...

Wow. That's a lot of growing. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Eli has been doing the same thing. For a while, he was eating like a bird. Now, he can't get enough. He's a snack hound, all day long. He eats man-sized portions at dinner. And, overnight, 3T pants fit perfectly. Before Christmas, they were still falling down. It hasn't occurred to me to actually measure him, though. What a novel idea.