Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chasie Pool-Lover

Chase has never been a big fan of swimming in the 'big' pool...I don't know if it was a temperature thing, or a control thing, or a sensory thing.  He loves the kiddie pool and the water table, though.

A few nights ago Bryan made it home in time to be able to jump in the pool with the boys and I, and Chase LOVED it.  I thought it may be a fluke, so I took him in while Guy was sleeping the other day- still loved it!

And today we went in again, and he discovered that jumping off the ladder into my arms is the.most.fun.ever.  Shhh.  It is against backyard pool rules to jump in, but I am making an exception because he is little, cute, and needs to learn how to jump :)

**Edited to add- I forgot to mention that he loves it so much that I had to physically uncurl all of his fingers from the ladder rungs and peel his legs off the side of the pool to get him out.  While he was screaming.  I'm sure the neighbors think I was torturing him.

1 comment:

Tiffanyrose said...

AAAAA, I am telling on you to myself about the jumping!! I am super super excited that he loves the pool though. It is yet another milestone that pushes him into the playing with the big kids category!