Sunday, May 4, 2008

Short Lived

We picked up some new exercise equipment from Craigslist this week- a weight bench and a punching bag. I thought I'd try it out for the first time today.

Ont he first rep of my lat row (I think that's what you call it- when you kneel one leg on the bench and put the other foot on the ground, then lift the barbell up from the ground to your shoulder?) the freaking plate on the barbell slid off and landed on my toes! GAH! Apparently the lock wasn't tight enough on the end.

So, the good news is that not all of my toes are broken, just swollen and red. And my big toe is really swollen and a little purple and bleeding. And I can't bend it too much. And it's the toe with a pin in it from a prior surgery, and I think that might be messed up, too. I think I may go to the doctor this week if it doesn't get any better.

Fa-bu-lous.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Ouch! I hope they get better without having to see the doc.

Cate said...

Eeek! Sorry. Hope you're better soon.

Todd Maddex said...

D-oh! I wanted to make the sound effect too, but ouch! and eeek! were already taken.

Hope your toesies feel better. If they have to amputate it can you see if I can keep it in a jar? That would be cool....