Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all my mommmy friends. Hope it was a good one :)

My boys did an awesome job making my day yesterday. Bryan was out of bed and had breakfast waiting for me when I got downstairs...with a cup of coffee in a new picture mug from Ian and Chase! They even remembered that I love to drink coffee out of super sized mugs, and they made sure to find one that fit enough caffeine it it. I gotta give it to them...they though about the details :) Unfortunately, that means that I am gong to have to hand wash this mug every day so that I can use it all the time...

We went to church (still loving Elevation!) and got a gourmet cookie on my way out of the service from them. Yum. (I shared- Ian and Bryan enjoyed it, too!)

We had lunch with my parents at Steak and Shake. Seriously, what says Happy Mother's Day more than a steakburger with cheese and a large chocolate malt??

Afterwards, we went shopping at Concord Mills, where my awesome husband did not ONCE complain about the amount of time I spent browsing and shopping. We picked up new jammies for the boys, a new pair of sneakers for me (gotta get back on the treadmill!), new shoes for Ian, and a new hat for him, too.

By the time we got back to the car, there was enough time to pick up Taco Bell for a quick dinner and get exhausted kiddies into bed.

I so love my family. Thank you for a wonderful day :)

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Todd Maddex said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time too! Glad to hear the church is still exciting too! I'd love to hear about it sometime!