Thursday, May 1, 2008

Coke and Cheerios

I got up from the dinner table to warm Chase's bottle. When I turned back toward the boys, Ian was leaning precariously over the table to *my* side, doing something to my can of Coke.

I asked him what he was doing.

He told me, "I was just putting that Cheerio into your Coke."

Oh, is that all? And you know, it wasn't even a fresh Cheerio. It was one that had been probably swept under the napkin basket for quite some time now, as I don't think anyone ate Cheerios today...or yesterday, for that matter.

I started to say, "Do you want me to put a Cheerio into your...?"(then I looked over and realized he was drinking milk, and realized at that point, the lesson was going to go unlearned.

3 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

LOL! Ian is a sly one. You should have followed through, I mean come on, there is nothing more abnormal than Cherios in milk...yeah that totally would have been a lame threat.

Mandi said...

LOL - at least he was honest. :) Good stuff!

Jen said...

How thoughtful! At least it was something edible. Eli put play-doh in my water the other day. Although I guess if you're a toddler, play-doh is considered edible. At least Evan thinks so.