Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yipes. Because I need one more thing to worry about.

Chase is literally all over the place, constantly.  But he showed me a new trick today to add to all the fun.

As I was cooking dinner just now, he was playing at my feet, emptying the tupperware cabinet, banging the muffin pans together, etc.  Then he stands up, grabs the knob on the front of the stove, and ignites the burner.  It's not child proofed, but you do have to push the knob in and turn it all the way to the left to spark it.  And he did it.  I think it was on accident, but who is to say that he won't accidentally do it again?!  Oy.  

I wonder if there is a box to mark on his developmental evaluations for this.  
Does your child attempt to cook dinner or burn the house down?  
On a scale from 1-5, how well does your child put himself and others in danger in the kitchen?

2 comments:

Angelle said...

Holy crap! Scary!

datri said...

Kayla's done that a few times. I'm thinking about popping the knobs off the burners. I don't think she has enough fine motor strength to turn the posts.