Friday, July 10, 2009

Playgroup and New Stroller Issues

We had our Roots and Shoots playgroup today at the mall play place.  I got to try out my new Joovy Ultralight Caboose and it was very much fun.  Ian had lots of older siblings to play with, and Chase has discovered the secret to climbing up the slide, so he spent most of his time there.  Gavin ate and slept the whole time.  

We did lunch in the food court afterwards, and Bryan met us on his lunch break.  

The stroller worked out pretty well, except that Ian's legs have apparently grown so weak that he can no longer walk on his own, and insists on standing on the platform in the back while Chase sits on the jumpseat, which makes it mucho crowded back there.  Even with the added weight on the back, it was super easy to manuever, even with one hand, as I had a giant gift bag filled with wipes and diapers from one of my mommy friends.  The only problem was the parent organizer thingy on the handle bar is too close to Chase- he can reach it and pull out the drink that I had tucked in there.  Twice.  Yes.  A full cup of McAlister's lemonade dumped on the floor not once, but refilled and dumped again.  I'm sure I heard applause from the security/clean-up crew as we finally exited the building.   I think I can turn the organizer backwards, so I will have to explore that possibility next time.  Either that, or I'll get one of those camel-packs and just wear my beverages...

2 comments:

Angelle said...

I LOVE the idea of camel packs for your drinks. :) Glad the stroller worked out pretty well.

Michelle said...

I love my Joovy!

I didn't put the parent part on the handle bar until recently. It just looked way too tempting for little hands.