Tuesday, July 21, 2009

There Are Always Bumps

Today as I sat at the kitchen table, feeding yogurt to William, painting with Ian, nursing Gavin, the phone rang.  As I got up to answer it, Chase wanted some Cheerios, so I cradled the phone on my shoulder and opened the box (still attempting to keep Gavin latched, btw).  Chase grabbed the box and upended it covering the floor with cereal.

And that was just one of the stellar moments that my day was composed of.

I know I have lots of blessings.  Truly, my problems are trivial.  

But there were several moments today that made me want to crawl under the couch and cry.

3 comments:

Angelle said...

You are doing way better than I would even with the bumps. Unfortunately it creates more work for you. Just look at it as your exercise program. :)

LeShayne said...

Everything takes adjusting..,we are all uber impressed with how you are handling all those kids period! I think we all want to cry sometimes...hang in there :-)

Chris said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes the silliest, inconsequential thing can just tip the scales :) Hey, look at the bright side--compared to that poop story on your newly cleaned carpets--a floor full of Cheerios should be no big deal. You are doing awesome!! Craziness and kids, they go hand and hand.