Monday, July 6, 2009

Field Trip

Today marks a milestone:
I took all three kids to run errands with me.  We made it to the dry cleaners and to Target.

Highlights:
*Ian declaring that he was soooooooooo thirsty and demanding that we stop for a slushy before we even left the neighborhood.
*Chase pulling out 4 handfuls of Ian's hair while they sat next to each other in the GIANT Target cart.
*Gavin slept the entire time we were out, except for when I nursed him in the car before braving the store.
*How cute the boys looked all tucked into the cart (before the hair pulling incident)
*The perfect awesome baby things I got for my friend Angelle, who is having her first boy in November.
*The big scratch that I put into the side of the van when the cart rolled away while I was trying to finagle Chase and Gavin into the car.
*My feeling of sheer and total accomplishment when we got home without too much damage.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Congrats on a successful adventure, Laurie. I have yet to be so brave.

Tiffanyrose said...

Does your van have a racing stripe like mine does? I keep looking for stuff for Angelle too;)

Cate said...

you are the best. that's awesome!

Angelle said...

You guys are the best! And Laurie, you give me hope for MY future. I hope I have it together as much as you do when my time comes. Sl happy to be home!

carydip said...

Are you crazy girl??!! You just had a baby-what 5 minutes ago!! You are amazing! Love~Mom