Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cow Skipping

Our church is in the middle of a sermon series called "Cow Tipping", where Pastor Steven addresses the sacred "cows" or topics, that many churches are afraid to address.  It's good stuff, and filled with bovine humor.  

Anyhoo, in honor of this, our small group is participating in a challenge to eliminate cow products from as many meals as we can this week.  There is apparently a fabulous prize for the group that has the most cow-free meals.

Frankly, this couldn't have come at a better time, because I think Gavin may have some kind of lactose intolerance.  He's always been pretty gaseous (we brought him to the theatre with us to see Harry Potter, and he was rather loud at the rear end during just about every quiet scene) and today he has been spitting up a lot.  I thought back to what I ate today, and it was cheese pizza, 2 huge glasses of milk, and perhaps more chocolate chip cookies than I should have had.

So this week will be an experiment.  Although I am a little bummed that I can't have milk in my coffee tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Have you ever tried Vanilla Rice Dream? Its DELICIOUS!